For more information on these Fulbright grants, visit www.fulbrightonline.org.
- US Student Fulbright Grant
- Grants for English Teaching Assistantships
- Grants for Study/Research
- Fulbright-Clinton Fellowships
- Fulbright-mtvU Awards
- Fulbright-National Geographic Digital Storytelling Fellowships
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad
- Special Grant Opportunities by Field
- Be a US citizen at the time of application
- Hold a BA degree or equivalent before the start of the grant and/or be a master’s or doctoral degree candidate. In the creative and performing arts, four years of professional study and/or experience meets the basic eligibility requirement.
- Be in good health. Grantees will be required to submit a satisfactory Medical Certificate of Health.
- Have sufficient proficiency in the written and spoken language of the host country to communicate with the people and to carry out the proposed study. Each country indicates its specific linguistic requirements in the Individual Country Summaries on the Fulbright website.
Applicants for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program Include:
- Recent graduates Graduating seniors and recent bachelor’s-degree recipients have some undergraduate preparation and/or direct work or internship experience related to the project.
- Master’s and doctoral candidates Graduate-level candidates must demonstrate the capacity for independent study or research, together with a general knowledge of the history, culture, and current events of the countries to which they are applying.
- Young professionals, including writers, creative and performing artists, journalists, and those in law, business, and other professional fields Competitive candidates who have up to 5 years of professional study and/or experience in the field in which they are applying will be considered. Those with more than 5 years of experience should apply to the Council for International Exchange of Scholars in the Fulbright Scholar Program.
- Competitive applicants to the Fulbright U.S. Student Program will not have recent extensive experience abroad (excluding recent undergraduate study abroad), especially in the country of application.